UK industry signs Amsterdam Commitment for 100% sustainable palm oil
An alliance of industry associations and NGOs in the UK has signed the Amsterdam Commitment to Support 100% Sustainable Palm Oil in Europe by 2020.
The alliance, called the UK Roundtable on Sourcing Sustainable Palm Oil, has existed since 2012, with the aim to promote the uptake of sustainable palm oil in the UK. Members include:
– The Food and Drink Federation,
– Sustainable Restaurant Association,
– British Hospitality Association,
– Chilled Food Association,
– British Retail Consortium,
– Federation of Wholesale Distributors,
– Business Services Association,
– British Association for Chemical Specialties,
– UK Cleaning Products Association,
– Agricultural Industries Confederation,
– National Edible Oil Distributors’ Association,
– Seed Crushers and Oil Processors Association,
– Renewable Energy Association,
– UK Petroleum Industry Association,
– World Wildlife Fund,
– Zoological Society of London,
– Forest Coalition, and
– The British and Irish Association of Zoos and Aquariums.
With the signing of the Commitment, the Roundtable joins various European private sector organizations to ensure a fully sustainable palm oil supply chain in Europe by 2020.
For the full press release, please click below.
Press Release – Amsterdam Commitment UK