Webinar: An environmental crisis – The role of sustainable palm oil and why removing palm oil is not the solution
In response to the high coverage of agricultural risk commodities such as palm oil in the media, there is a strong need to work collectively together and change the narrative on sustainable palm oil. Efeca would like to invite you to a complimentary 1-hour webinar followed by a question and answer session. The webinar is aimed at representatives across the supply chain who want to understand more about palm oil and why removing palm oil is not the solution. The objective of this webinar will be to discuss the high-risk commodities contributing to deforestation, examine the issues and misconceptions surrounding palm oil and to raise awareness on the alternatives to palm oil.
‘An environmental crisis: The role of sustainable palm oil and why removing palm oil is not the solution’
Date: Thursday 25th July Time: 11 AM – 12 PM
The webinar will cover some of the key sustainability issues surrounding different commodities, with a strong focus on palm oil. Topics will include:
- A brief overview of agricultural risk commodities and their environmental impacts
- Why is palm oil the most widely used vegetable oil?
- Chemistry composition
- The drivers behind removing and/or substituting palm oil
- Is there a feasible alternative to palm oil?
- Why the role of sustainable palm oil is key to change
- Current progress towards sustainable palm oil within the industry
Please share and advertise this webinar amongst your members and colleagues.
Further details about joining the meeting will be provided once you have registered to attend. To RSVP, please email email@example.com