Efeca is a Partnerships for Forests programme specialist partner
We are delighted to be a specialist partner supporting Partnerships for Forests, a programme funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID) as part of its commitment to help countries mitigate and adapt to climate change.
Through its Investments in Forests and Sustainable Land Use programme, DFID contracted Palladium and McKinsey to manage the technical assistance and grant-making facility for the first four years of the programme. The aim of Partnerships for Forests is to catalyse investment models in which the private sector, public sector and communities can achieve improved returns from forests and sustainable land use. The programme covers six commodities, timber, palm oil, tea, coffee and cocoa, across Southeast Asia, West/Central Africa, East Africa and Latin America.
We are facilitators to three initiatives:
UK Sustainable Palm Oil Initiative, where we:
- Facilitate two roundtable meetings for industry each year;
- Research, write and publish the Industry Annual Report;
- Providing assistance to industry in the form of communication, training and awareness raising throughout the supply chain to encourage members and suppliers to move forward with purchasing, monitoring and reporting on CSPO and other certified deforestation commodities and commitments.
UK Sustainable Soy Initiative, where we:
- Support the UK Soya Roundtable;
- Facilitate two UK roundtable meetings on Sustainable Soya for industry each year;
- Provide support to the roundtable members through briefings, workshops and technical assistance to support member decision making.
UK Global Resource Initiative, where we:
- Liaised with more than 200 stakeholders;
- Facilitated three UK GRI Taskforce meetings;
- Facilitated meetings for 4 Working Groups (Finance, Policy, Business, Monitoring and Reporting).